Monday, December 08, 2008

Children's & YA Books About World War II Adventures

Yesterday, Dec. 7, was Pearl Harbor Day, the anniversary of the attack that caused the United States to enter World War II. I was a child at that time and remember the scary time it was, even though there was no fighting in our country.

I often write down my memories for my daughter and grand children and share them with others, too.I also have found some children's books about young people's experiences and adventures during those times.

Here are some children's books about World War II that I've enjoyed and have in my collection:

Lily's Crossing by Patricia Reilly Giff

The Art of Keeping Cool by Janet Taylor Lisle

The Night Flyers by Elizabeth McDavid Jones (An American Girl History Mystery)

Shadows on the Sea by Joan Hiatt Harlow

A Boy at War by Harry Mazer (A novel of Pearl Harbor)

The Spy Who Came in from the Sea by Peggy Nolan

No comments: