Monday, December 19, 2005

Keeping a "Mom" Journal

All of us have good intentions of keeping a journal about the joys and challenges of raising our children. With the first child, we often begin a baby book, then with more children, or as the years go by, we do less and less.

The same happens with a journal. I began writing about our daughter in detail, then found that life became busy, and my writing often tapered off. I got caught up in a quiltmaking business, writing assignments, helping my husband with his business, caring for ailing parents.

However, I did squeeze in some writing time…jottings in notebooks, letters to my mom (which she thankfully saved), and mention in my newspaper columns or travel articles. As I look back, I’m so glad I did find time to write something down.

So, don’t be discouraged if you haven’t time for daily journaling. Simply write whenever you can. You’ll be glad you did. It’s such fun to read about Beth’s younger years and reminisce with her children. Also, I’ve tried to do the same with my grandchildren.

©2005

No comments: