Monday, October 23, 2006

Sharing With a Writers' Group

It's such fun to share your writing ideas and experiences with other writers. Hopefully I encourage them in their writing ventures.

Recently I was asked to speak to a newly formed writers' group in my hometown. It was exciting to realize the organizer thought I had knowledge to share with the other writers.

It's always interesting to learn about their writing projects...some fiction, others non-fiction. One is writing about her life for her family, another is writing a novel, one wants to write about her mother's life, and others are getting ideas for their projects.

The writers who attended seemed to think I gave them inspiration. I hope so.

4 comments:

Lady_T said...

Wow I like the look of your blog Mary, its really carming and quite soothing (dont ask me what I mean because Im not quite sure myself!). I have started a story myself (one of about 3), I tend to start writing at work when Im bored then delete them when I've finished but I think I will stick with this one. I have no idea what its about but I'll just keep writing and see how it goes.

Keep up the interesting blog!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Mary Emma, about writers groups. I'm so frustrated right now because the ones I was a part of kept falling apart.

Writers groups are great, but they can be challenging to hold together. We had a few big egos that had to always be right...

Mary Emma Allen said...

Thank you, Lady T and jgwriter for visiting my blog and giving your input. I'm pleased you enjoyed the visit. Much success with your writing. I'll also try to write more frequently on this blog.

Unknown said...

I'm lost - I've written a novel and I have two interested publishers, but the offered contracts seem to enslave me. Worse yet, I don't know if my story is any good. Is there any place online where I can get some honest feedback so I know what I have?
Thanks
Gene