Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Joy of Writing for Children & Teens

Writing for children and teens was my goal even as a child. I loved to read and wanted to create stories like my favorite authors. Jo, in little women, fascinated me with her writing.

When I attended teacher’s college, the Children’s Literature class was my favorite. My professor read some of my stories and encouraged me to continue writing and learning. How excited I was to share with her, several years later, the news that my first children’s story had been published in a magazine.

Writing and sharing with children has become one of the pleasures in my life. Teaching writing workshops and encouraging youngsters increases this enjoyment.

(If you have questions, e-mail me: me.allen@juno.com. Type "children's writing blog" in the subject line.)

No comments: